Saint Michael Catholic School News: Faith, Family, & Future:
Week of January 26, 2020
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK 2020 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
As a school family, we will participate in many activities this week in celebration of our school, families, students, pastor, faculty & staff:
MONDAY – January 27th – CELEBRATING OUR SCHOOL FAITH FAMILIES
- A school-wide prayer service featuring the patron saints of Catholic education will be held at @ 12:40 pm. Following the service, students will gather with their “Faith Families” to play board and card games for the remainder of the afternoon.
TUESDAY – January 28th – CELEBRATING COMMUNITY
- Our Children’s Choir will team up with Bishop Carroll’s Liturgical Choir to provide the music for Bishop Carroll’s Opening Catholic Schools Week Liturgy @ 10am.
- DINING TO DONATE: A “Saint Michael School Spirit Night” is scheduled at Chick-Fil- A, Altoona between the hours of 5:00pm -8:00pm. Join us for food and fun. Simply stop in, eat, and mention that you are with SAINT MICHAEL SCHOOL! We will earn 17.5% of the sales will be donated to our school accordingly.
WEDNESDAY – January 29th – CELEBRATING OUR VOLUNTEERS, COMMUNITY, SUPPORTERS, & NATION
- Students, faculty, & staff are permitted to dress up or down in RED, WHITE, AND/OR BLUE for $1 or more. Proceeds benefit our “Treats For Troops” campaign service project.
- Kindergarten Visitation Day – prospective kindergarteners will spend the day with our present kindergarten class to explore what school is all about. We are looking forward to their visit!
- A reception in honor of our Volunteers, Benefactors, and Supporters will be held in the school cafeteria @ 6:30pm.
THURSDAY – January 30th - CELEBRATING OUR, PASTOR, FACULTY & STAFF
- Teacher Appreciation Day! Students are asked to write a special note to their teacher to show their appreciation!
- Teacher/Staff Luncheon @ 11:30am – In order for our teachers to have a duty-free lunch/recess, we need volunteers to oversee the cafeteria and classrooms while the faculty and staff enjoys lunch together.
- A special liturgy will be celebrated in thanksgiving for the treasure we behold in our Catholic school, benefactors and community supporters @ 10am. All are welcome to join us! Fourth grade will assist with the Mass ministries.
FRIDAY – January 31st – CELEBRATING OUR STUDENTS
- Students will be treated to pizza and a sundae bar provided by our Home School Association. They will also have an opportunity to go bowling for the day.
Come and experience an AWESOME Escape Room designed and operated by our very own students. “The Great Laboratory Escape” will be held in the Music/ Science Lab located in the upstairs of Saint Michael School on January 31st, February 1st, 2nd, 7th,8th,9th,14th,15th, & 16th. All bookings and ticket purchases are made through “The Loretto Escape House” via their Facebook page or website:www.lorettoescapehouse.com. For more information, including times for the event, you can contact the school at 472-9117 or visit the Loretto Escape House Facebook page and find the post related to this event. The cost is $15 per person and parties of up to 10 people are permitted at a time.
Our School Council is sponsoring a chance for you to win your choice of an Arctic Cat Alterra 570 EPS Four-Wheeler, an Arctic Cat Lynx 2000 ES Snowmobile or prize of $5,000.00. This year we have added two other cash prizes. Two $ 500.00 cash prizes will be awarded based on the EVENING PICK 4 Drawing on February 12th & 13th. Our Grand Prize drawing for the winner’s choice of the four-wheeler, snow mobile, or $5000.00 will be on February 14th based on the EVENING PICK 4 Drawing. Tickets can be purchased from any school family or the school office. Your support is greatly appreciated!